Andy Boslett is a Senior Instructor in the University of Rochester Medical Center’s Department of Public Health Sciences and also serves as economist for the Rochester Data Science Consortium. In 2016, he received a PhD in Environmental and Natural Resource Economics from the University of Rhode Island. In his academic research, he has generally focused on the economic, environmental, and public health impacts of the recent oil and gas boom in the United States. In his role at the Consortium, he provides data science and economic analytics capabilities to commercial and industrial clients.
- Boslett, Andrew J., Alina Denham, and Elaine L. Hill. 2020. Using contributing causes of death improves prediction of opioid involvement in unclassified drug overdoses in US death records. Addiction, forthcoming.
https://doi.org/10.1111/add.14943. – link
- Boslett, Andrew, Todd Guilfoos, and Corey Lang. “Valuation of the external costs of unconventional oil and gas development: The critical importance of mineral rights ownership.” Journal of the Association of Environmental and Resource Economics (forthcoming).
- Adams, M., Boslett, A., Denham, A., Hill, E. “Unclassified drug overdose deaths in the opioid crisis: Emerging patterns of inequality.” 2019. Journal of the American Medical Informatics Association,
- Boslett, A., Hill, E. “Shale Gas Transmission Pipelines and Housing Prices.” 2019. Resource and Energy Economics 57: 36-50.
- Guilfoos, Todd, Dalton Kell, Andrew Boslett, and Elaine Hill. “The economic and health effects of the Elk River Chemical Spill.” American Journal of Agricultural Economics 100(2): 609-624.
- Boslett, Andrew, Todd Guilfoos, and Corey Lang. “Valuation of expectations: A hedonic study of shale development and a statewide moratorium.” Journal of Environmental Economics and Management 77: 14-30.
- Delgado, Michael, Todd Guilfoos, and Andrew Boslett. “The cost of unconventional gas extraction: A hedonic analysis.” Resource and Energy Economics 46: 1-22.
Conference Proceedings and Presentations
- Boslett, A., Handley, J. International Student Enrollment, Office of Global Affairs, in Proc. Goergen Institute for Data Science Meliora Weekend Open House, University of Rochester, Rochester, NY, October 2019.